Curate Omnes

Pay attention, everybody

Friday, June 16, 2006

Netherlands 2 - 1 Ivory Coast

I missed most of this match because I was watching the Argentina - Serbia & Montenegro match that I had recorded from this morning which turned out to be the right call and then some. From what I saw, the Ivory Coast looked good, and it looked like they could get the tie. The Netherlands looked good too, but not earthshattering, and certainly not good enough to beat Argentina if the Argentines play like they did today.

In any case, that's pretty much that for the Group of Death. The Netherlands have six points and a +2 goal difference, which means that they are second unless they can beat Argentina.

So far, there haven't been the surprises of the last Cup and the major powers have been progressing pretty much according to plan. The one I'm actually afraid for is Brazil. They way they've been playing, I think we could be in for a nasty shock. We'll see what happens as the second match day progresses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home